Carlos D. Martinez, Esq.
Carlos D. Martinez is a 2010 graduate of Rutgers University, with Bachelors Degrees in both Political Science and Sociology. He graduated with top honors and received the Normal C. Miller Award for graduating with the highest GPA in his graduating class. He is also a graduate of New York University, with Bachelors in Legal Studies. In 2017, he graduated from New York Law School. With expert understanding on bankruptcy law, real estate, and immigration law, Carlos delivers adept guidance and advocacy to help shape your future while safeguarding your rights and best interest.
Carlos is first and foremost a father. Having been born in Lima, Peru and raised in the inner cities of Elizabeth, NJ, Carlos understands what it is like to fight for those people that cannot represent themselves. Carlos has made it his commitment to supply his clients with personalized attention, comprehensive advice and sound legal strategies. Carlos is fluent in Spanish and has dedicated himself to bringing awareness on how our bankruptcy laws can help those within the Spanish communities.
Areas of Practice
- Bankruptcy Litigation
- Real Estate Transactions
- Immigration Law
- State of New Jersey and Federal District of New Jersey, 2018
- New York Law School, New York, NY
Doctor of Jurisprudence - summa cum laude, 2017
- New York University, New York, NY
Bachelors Degree, Legal Professions and Studies, 2012
- Rutgers University, Newark, NJ
Bachelors Degree Arts and Sciences, Political Science, 2010
Pro Bono Activities
- Member of The Safe Passage Project - The Safe Passage Immigration Project, a division of the Justice Action Center at New York Law School, works with volunteer attorneys and New York Law School students to provide representation of unaccompanied minors in the immigration process. September, 2013 - Present