Guillermo J. Gonzalez Esq.
Mr. Gonzalez represents individuals and corporate entities in bankruptcy, commercial litigation, corporate transaction matters, and cannabis law. He also currently represents several corporate entities as outside general counsel and advises them on complex transactions and issues. In the civil law, Mr. Gonzalez has successfully argued litigation matters before state and federal courts.
Prior to joining Scura, Wigfield, Heyer, Stevens & Cammarota, LLP, Mr. Gonzalez clerked for the Honorable Chief Judge Cecelia G. Morris in the United States Bankruptcy Court in the Southern District of New York. Mr. Gonzalez graduated from Syracuse University College of Law, where he was an Executive Editor of the Journal of Science and Technology Law. During law school, Mr. Gonzalez was a student attorney in the Criminal Defense Clinic and Securities & Arbitration Clinic, where he represented clients before federal and local courts.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Transactions
- Cannabis Law
- Outside General Counsel
- New York
- New Jersey
- S. District Court District of New Jersey
- S. District Court Southern District of New York
- S. District Court Eastern District of NewYork
- Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, New York
- Seton Hall University, South Orange, New Jersey
- B.A. cum laude
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Passaic County Bar Association
- NJSBA Cannabis Law Section Member
Continuing Legal Education Presentations/Publications
- Presentation Material Drafter New York City Bankruptcy Conference, American Bankruptcy Institute, GSC Group Case Study and Other Ethic Matters, 2014
- Group Leader, Hudson Valley Bar Association, Annual New Deal For Consumer Bankruptcy 2015
- Presentation Material Drafter, 18th Annual William H. Gindin Bankruptcy Bench Bar Conference, Involuntary Bankruptcies
Past Employment Positions
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of New York for the Honorable Cecelia G. Morris, Chief Judge, Law Clerk
- Office of the Attorney General, State of New Jersey, Intern
- New York City Business Integrity Commission, Paralegal
- Simpson, Thacher & Bartlett LLP, Litigation Paralegal
I wanna say being a business owner for 16yrs, you have the chance to meet many people, but finding a great law firm and amazing attorney is much harder than you think. I want to thank Mr. Gonzalez and his team for there professionalism and honesty when handling our cases on a corporate level and most important a personal one. From the fist conversation to the first handshake, everything had been laid out on the table. Their pricing is more than fair, but their work and commitment to getting us the results we have asked for has always been delivered. If you want a law firm the is going to go above and beyond your expectations, then I highly recommend Mr. Gonzalez and his team!!! "OPA"
5* Review on Google.