Personal Injury Attorneys serving Wayne
Personal injury law in New Jersey covers a wide variety of injuries. When you are injured because of another person’s negligence or recklessness, it is important to seek the advice of an experienced Wayne personal injury attorney. A personal injury lawyer can help you evaluate your options to recover compensation for your injuries, damages, and losses.
The Wayne personal injury attorneys of Scura, Wigfield, Heyer, Stevens Cammarota have been helping accident victims since 1972. We are committed to assisting individuals and families who have been hurt because of the wrongdoing of other parties receive the compensation they deserve. We fight to protect your rights after a personal injury accident.
If you sustained an injury in an accident, contact our office for a free consultation with one of our injury lawyers in Wayne. You can get the advice you need from a trusted accident attorney who has your best interests at heart.
What is Personal Injury Law?
Personal injury law covers a variety of injuries and accidents. Because the legal system cannot undo the damages caused by negligence or wrongdoing, it provides a system for victims and their families to seek compensation for the losses and damages that result from the injury.
Our personal injury law firm in Wayne represents clients who have sustained personal injuries from a variety of causes. We help victims and their families file insurance claims and personal injury lawsuits seeking compensation from the party or parties responsible for their injuries.
A personal injury claim may arise when someone is injured because of the carelessness, negligence, or recklessness of another party. Examples of situations that can lead to a personal injury claim include:
- Accidents involving motor vehicles, including crashes involving large trucks, commercial vehicles, bicycles, cars, pedestrians, and motorcycles
- Injuries involving premises liability laws, including slip and fall accidents and playground injuries
- Accidents and injuries occurring at construction sites
- Nursing home injuries resulting from elder abuse or elder neglect
- Injuries sustained from dog attacks or dog bites
- Medical malpractice claims and claims involving pharmaceutical injuries
- Product liability claims involving defective products
There are other circumstances and situations that can give rise to a personal injury claim. If you have been injured, contact our law firm for a free consultation with a Wayne personal injury lawyer. Our attorneys evaluate your claim for free and provide advice regarding your options for holding the party responsible for your injury liable for damages.
Our Core Values Highlight Our Commitment to Our Clients
Scura, Wigfield, Heyer, Stevens Cammarota operates by a distinct set of beliefs that guide our lawyers and staff members. These “truths” are designed to help us provide exceptional service to each of our clients.
We strive to meet your needs each time you contact our office. We believe that we can make a difference in your life by providing you with legal counsel, support, and guidance after an accident. Learn about our unique approach to providing legal services by contacting our office and discussing your claim with a personal injury lawyer in Wayne.
What Should I Do After an Accident?
If you are injured, there are steps you can take to protect your legal rights. Some of the steps our Wayne accident attorneys suggest you consider taking include:
Some steps you take after an accidental injury can hurt your claim. You can avoid mistakes and missteps by contacting an attorney as soon as possible for legal advice and guidance.
- Call 911 to report the accident, if appropriate. This step applies to accidents involving motor vehicles. It may also apply to accidents involving nursing home abuse and dog bites. If you are injured on another party’s property, notify the property owner or person in charge immediately and request to file a report.
- Seek medical attention for your injuries. It is best to be checked by a physician as soon as possible following an accident. You need to ensure that you are not suffering from additional injuries that may not be apparent. You also do not want a delay in medical care to be used by an insurance provider against you when you file an injury claim.
- Document the accident scene. If possible, take pictures and make videos of the accident scene immediately following the injury. Talk to witnesses and request their names and contact information.
- Avoid speaking to claims adjusters and insurance investigators until you have time to speak with an injury lawyer. A written or recorded statement can be used against you to challenge your claim.
- Keep detailed records of all conversations regarding your accident, injury, and medical care.
- Document your losses by retaining copies of all bills, receipts, and invoices. Your employer will need to provide a statement regarding your income later in your case to establish your lost income for your settlement demand.
- Avoid using social media, posing information online, or using email to discuss your accident or injury. A defense attorney or insurance provider may gain access to your information to use against you.
- Do not sign a release, waiver, or other document for the insurance company or responsible party until you meet with a Wayne injury attorney to discuss your case.
Contact Our WaynePersonal Injury Attorneys for a Free Case Review
Being injured in an accident can be extremely frightening and overwhelming. You are dealing with the pain of your injuries combined with the worry that you may not be able to return to work for some time. You may also be worried about how you will pay for legal advice regarding your claim.
Our initial case review is free. You can get the legal counsel you need without worrying about how to pay for the advice.
Call 973-870-0434 or 888-412-5091 to schedule your free consultation with one of our experienced Wayne accident lawyers.
About Wayne, New Jersey
The Township of Wayne in Northern New Jersey is located in Passaic County is located about 20 miles from Midtown Manhattan. It is home to William Paterson University. Scura, Wigfield, Heyer, Stevens Cammarota provides the residents of Wayne with exceptional legal services and support in their time of need.