Last Year's Award Recipient: Jasmean Fernando
Jasmean wrote an eloquent personal essay on her personal challenges, touching upon her feelings of anxiety, confrontations with discrimination, as well as, ultimately, a message of hope for her future. "I can either let every little inconvenience humiliate me and poke at my humanity or I can turn it into a lesson and learn to love myself rather than giving into hate.”
Congratulations once again Jasmean. We wish you luck on all future endeavors and hope for your success in the coming Fall Semester at Rutgers University.
About The Jack Scura Fund
Jack Scura Fund is designed to recognize students with a special need who are of good standing in school and in their communities. We are a business that runs on helping others and giving chances and the Jack Scura Fund would wish to offer a $7,500 scholarship for the Fall Semester of 2021 and Spring Semester of 2022 to those with Disabilities who are incoming or, are in an Undergraduate Program.
Application Criteria:To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- An incoming or a current student of an Undergraduate Program of a New Jersey College or University
- Have an intellectual disability, severe physical disability, or psychiatric disability
- Student must have a 3.2 and above GPA (based on a 4.0 scale)
- Special attention will be given to applicants who have tremendous resumes or Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of disability documentation
- Transcript of Records
- Two (2) recommendation letters
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- 600-800 word essay that answers the question: Recount a time you have faced a challenge or setback in your life. How has this experience molded you as the person you are today?
- Media Release Form
- One student will receive the Jack Scura Fund award.
- The $7,500 scholarship award will be distributed accordingly:
- $3,750 check for the 2021 Fall Semester tuition fee.
- $3,750 check for the 2022 Spring Semester tuition fee.
- All documents and letters must be submitted in PDF format.
- The Media Release Form Requires a 5x7 Image of the applicant.
- Checks will be distributed to the respective office of the selected school of the applicant.
- Kindly fill up a Media Release Form along with the application form and requirements.
- All applicants will be notified of the results by email.
- Failure to meet the criteria and all the appropriate deadlines will result in disqualification of the applicant.
Deadline: May 31st, 2021, 12:00AM.
All applications were carefully reviewed by Scura, Wigfield, Heyer, Stevens & Cammarota partners. The Jack Scura Fund recipient will be announced on June 30th through the Jack Scura Fund webpage and Scura, Wigfield, Heyer, Stevens & Cammarota, LLP Facebook Page.
APPLICATION STATUS: APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN.