Scura, Wigfield, Heyer, Stevens & Cammarota Blog
Questions a New Jersey Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Trustee May Ask
Typically a New Jersey Chapter 7 debtor only needs to attend one event during the bankruptcy proceeding, which is commonly referred to as the Meeting of Creditors. Creditors have a right to appear at this meeting, althought they rarely do. The trustee assigned to the case will interview the debtor under oath. After having been to so many of these meetings, I have come to believe that no matter which trustee is assigned, they all read from the same script. It is as if you pulled a string on the trustee's back and you would hear the following:
Things a Bankruptcy Trustee May Ask
- State your name and address for the record.
- Please provide your picture ID and social security card for review.
- Did you receive the Statement of Information Sheet as required by the United States Trustee?
- Have you ever filed bankruptcy before? Did you meet with your attorney before today?
- Are you familiar with the Petition, Schedules and related documents? To the best of your knowledge, is the information contained in the petition, schedules, statements and related documents true and correct? Are there any errors or omissions to bring to my attention at this time?
- Did you sign the petition, schedules, statements, and related documents? Is that your signature? Did you read the Petition, Schedules and related documents before you signed them?
- Did you list everything you own (all your assets) and all your creditors?
- Do you have a domestic support obligation? To whom? Please provide to me the claimant's address and telephone number?
- Has your income or expenses changes since you filed?
- Do you have any winning lottery tickets?
- Have you sold a major item, house, car within 180 days of filing your petition?
- Have you made any transfers of any property or given any property away within the last four years?
- How did you get into this financial situation?
Contact us for a free consultation if you need help with a New Jersey Chapter 7 Bankruptcy.
I have a passion for what I do. There are few things I enjoy more than helping good people and viable businesses find solutions to overwhelming debt.
Need Help? Contact Us Today!
Lists by Topic
- Personal Injury
- Chapter 13
- Chapter 7
- Debt Management
- Car Accident
- Chapter 11
- Insurance Claims
- Business Bankruptcy
- Product Liability
- Business Law
- Employment Law
- Consumer Bankruptcy
- Probate and Estate Law
- Slip and Fall
- Premises Liability
- wrongful death
- Family Law
- Video | Bankruptcy
- Commercial & Residential Real Estate
- Corporate Litigation
- Bankruptcy Cost
- Trial Law
- student loans
- Attorney Fees
- Certified Civil Trial
- Dog Bites
- Relocation Assistance
- Workers Compensation